- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time : 20m
- 3/4cup rice flour ( home made flour is preferable )
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup jaggery
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1tsp coconut powder
- 1tsp ghee
- Oil for deep fry
- Mix two flours with cardamom and coconut powder, keep aside.
- Take a thick bottomed vessel.
- Add jaggery and water and bring it to boil till the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Add flour, mixture slowly and stir continuously with a spatula without forming any lumps until its a fine dough.
- Add ghee to the dough and mix well.
- Remove from the fire and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Grease any polythene cover and take a spoonful of dough. Shape it round and pat it flat like tikkies (1/4inch thick)and deep fry in oil on medium flame to golden brown in colour.
- Do not over fry to dark in colour as it makes boorelu hard.
- Drain on the kitchen towel and the dessert is ready :-).
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe