- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
Staying in coastal, I didn’t get proper Gajar to make Gajar ka halwa. So this Diwali I’ve planned to prepare Carrot halwa instead. When we were staying in Delhi, there was a Sudden surprise from my uncle and I didn’t know what to prepare…. Suddenly I remembered lots of Gajar in refrigerator and thought I can prepare it in cooker in a jiffy. And yes, I did it and surprised them. I got this idea of making it in a cooker from prestige cooker advertisement :-D. Come on….. It won’t take more than 20-25 min. Happy cooking!!
- 2 cups grated carrot (peel and wash properly)
- 1 1/2tbsp ghee (guys, it’s Diwali.. Don’t mind the calories)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp mava (khoya) (optional and add 1tbsp more sugar if you are using it)
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds (badam)
- 10 cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add milk, mix well and pressure cook for only one whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape.
- Remove the lid and add sugar, mix well and cook on a high flame for 5min stirring continuously.
- Add the mava, mix well and cook for more 2 more minutes while stirring.
- Add almonds and cardamom powder and cook for a minute more.
- Garnish with cashew nuts.
- Serve it warm.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe