- Prep Time : 30m
Having stayed in the capital city for more than a year, momos were my regular dinner in those days. I learned cooking them in Colonels Kitchen, a small takeaway restaurant in our gated community. I love these things which are easy to prepare and need very less oil. These steam cooked little pockets with yummy sautéed veggies taste great with red chilly sauce, which is also easy to prepare. Cook them, eat them and enjoy……!!
- 2 cups maida
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Mix together all the ingredients adding enough water and prepare a tough dough.
- 1 cup carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 cup cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 3 pods garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai and add onion and garlic.
- Saute over high heat and add the carrot and cabbage. Stir continuously for 3 min.
- Take it off the heat and mix in the Soya sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Roll the dough into thin (translucent) small round rotis.
- Take a roti, wet edges and place some veg stuff in the center.
- Bring edges together to cover and seal by twisting them.( you can prepare them in any shape you want.
- Steam for 10 minutes and serve with red chilli sauce.
RED CHILLY SAUCE:
- 5 red chillies (soaked in water in which I squeezed 1 big lime, I don’t like vinegar, you can soak them in vinegar for 10-15 min.)
- 3 garlic pods
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Grind all the ingredients together and you can add little water (3 tbsp) if you want to.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe